The first dance is the most important song to feature in your wedding soundtrack; not necessarily because of it’s tradition but because in all honesty, it can be the only tender moment a newlywed couple have together until the end of the night. Providing the music for the first intimate and private moment between a newlywed couple is a privilege i am overjoyed to experience.
When people ask me what I’d suggest as a first dance, I always say the same thing “this is the first song you will hear, the first song you will dance to and the first song you’ll always remember as a twosome; make this a song that means something to you.”; With that in mind I have compiled a list of songs that would mean something to me or have done to many happily married friends of mine, in hopes that it inspires you to do the same.
My Favourite First Dances:
- Etta James – At Last
- Otis Redding – These Arms of Mine
- The Ramones – Be My Baby
- Al Green – Lets Stay Together
- Percy Sledge – When A Man Loves A woman
- Jackie Wilson – I Get The Sweetest Feeling
- Nina Simone – My Baby Just Cares For Me
- Phil Phillips and The Twilights – The Sea of Love
- Sam Cooke – You Send me
- Ray Charles – Hallelujah I love Her So
- The Ronettes – Baby, I love you
- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong – Cheek to Cheek